Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The New Pioneer

I was at CVS the other day and was picking up some deodorant, tooth paste, toilet paper, and baby powder and came across this magazine next to the "As seen on TV" section.  The name stopped me and grabbed my attention so I quickly thumbed through it to see what it was all about.  Was this a magazine for country bumpkins or was this a save the trees publication who knows unless I reviewed it.  The magazine really grabbed my attention and all the stories were interesting to a common camping diabetic fool like myself and a bunch of the do it yourself projects seemed like the boy and I could knock them out in a weekend.  This was truly a magazine for the masses, they covered knives, basic survival, camping, cooking, homesteading, animals, homeopathic remedies, and much more.  Still I was not completely sold on purchasing the magazine but wanted to see what it would cost and flipped it over to see a price tag of 14.95 and I quickly put the magazine down and stepped away.  I almost left but, something made me want to get it still so I first looked for a website so I could maybe get a subscription online for the usual 19.95 for a year but it had no website listed.  Then I thought to just take a picture of the tittle so I could do more research.  Much Bing searches later (I love Bing, so far I have received 5 amazon bucks and a year subscription to a magazine just for using them to do my searches) the only thing I could find were blogs and message boards saying the same thing I am saying now about how awesome this magazine is but no website or way for me to give them money for the magazine.  I might go back and pick up a copy to read and also check out the advertisers.  If you have any word on this magazine and how I can subscribe please send it my way.  I did find out that it is put out by The country almanac but that magazine went out of business a few years ago.  If you at the pharmacy and have a moment check this magazine out, I am sure you will find it interesting just like I did.

1 comment:

  1. I have not seen it before but I want to. Let me know if you find it online.

    ReplyDelete