Monday, August 13, 2012

The New online Fad.

 I know all of you sign up for these "deals" on such websites as www.dvor.com, www.leftlanesports.com, www.altrec.com, and one of my favorites www.woot.com.  These Internet sites usually have you sign up and they email you about once a day for greatly reduced sports and outdoor items that last for only a few days.
 A few of these "sales" have caught my eye with greatly discounted knives or flashlights but on www.woot.com they had me hook, line, and sinker with this deal of two sleeping bags for 20 bucks.  Now these are not any sort of 0 degree bags but they are 50 degree bags which in the Dallas area works out great for about 6 months.  Then I have had an issue with replacing my 25 year old "White Stag" triangular cut 45 degree bag.  This bag I have is perfect for everything except cold weather and I have sampled all sorts of bags and nothing is like the stag in the way it feels.  I just need a bag to get me through the few cold months.  So when these 50 degree bags came up I did a little research and found out that alot of people were using them as a bag liner to add 10 to 20 degrees to your existing bag and at 10 bucks for a sleeping bag liner I was buying away.
 The bags arrived on Saturday and to my surprise they are actually nicer than I was thinking they would be.  The shell is of a high quality polyester and the fill (what is inside the bag) was more than what I was expecting.  The only downside I can really see at this point is the width at the top of the bag.  These are not for wide shouldered individuals but when I try this sucker out this winter I will give you an update if having a more "mummyish" style bag bugs me or not.
If these bags do not work out as a winter addition to the stag ( I will give my son the other bag so he can do whatever with) I will probably throw them into the emergency supplies stock pile as a good bag for when the zombies come to eat my brains or something.  Last thing is that the shipping on www.woot.com is great because anything you buy in one day is 5 bucks shipped to your house so 12.50 bucks per bag and hopefully winter will be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment