Monday, June 10, 2013

Making Plans

 I have been feeling like the movie "Close Encounters of the 3rd kind" where the gentleman can't get the mashed potato place out of his mind.  The place on my mind has been Big Bend National Park located on the border of Mexico and west Texas.  Now this is a dessert climate mountain range but for some reason I just want to see it.
 This June's Backpacker magazine did a one page article about hiking the outer loop and how it is only a 29 mile loop that takes about four days total.  After reading this article I have been emailing, and texting friends to see if and when anybody can or will go with me to this land.  I like having goals and dreams of things to do in the next 12 months.  Gives me focus and drive to stay in shape and find another soul or two that are willing to jab a glucagon shot into my neck or something.
This is like the third thing I have received in the mail that had an article about Big Bend so now I must do it.  Also I have been pondering a trip to Peru.  I was watching public television and that show "Globe Trekker" was there and I think that michu pichu mountain thing looks cool and seeing the condors would be neat.

1 comment:

  1. I highly suggest this trip. The views from on top of the South Rim are unforgettable. There is a great 360 view from Emory Peak if you can fit it into the trip. November-March is the only time the heat is bearable. Be prepared to carry lots of water.

    http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=478903

    ReplyDelete