Monday, June 17, 2013

Product review update!

 
 I told you all about the fantastic Columbia Omni-Freeze Zero shirt that I purchased like a month or so ago from www.REI.com  and at that time I had not actually "worked out" in the shirt.  I basically had worn the shirt around as an extremely comfortable hot weather T-shirt.  Last Saturday I decided to go for an 8 mile run to try to keep the running legs going in the Dallas heat.  This time of year is probably more suited for cycling than running.
 
 Most runners in the Dallas area that are starting marathon trainings and what not are in the 5am running time zone, when it is the coolest but not this crazy diabetic.  I decided to go out on a nice 93 degree day with a 0 mph wind and the humidity was a great 65% or so.  This was the ultimate test for this shirt.  Hot, humid, and sweat was the order of the day.  Now I did have a friend of mine ask me if the shirt actually did the "cool" affect and they really don't so if you are looking for a shirt that makes 102 degree days feel like 99 degrees then I guess this one does it but when I am hot, I am hot and a T-shirt is not going to make that much of a difference.  This is probably the greatest feeling polyester shirt I have ever worn and it is so comfortable to do anything in.
 
What I did find out about this shirt is that it holds 4 ounces of sweat.  Not sure if that is something you wanted to know or not but I had to take the shirt off three times to get a total of 12 ounces of sweat out of the shirt.  The good thing about wringing the shirt out was it dried in no time at all and I could feel the "cool" affect at that time.  Heck after a few good wringings and a quick shake of the shirt it was darn near dry.  The only real downside to this shirt is that 50 dollar price tag which I am sure if you are a savvy shopper you can get discount codes and find them on sale.  I highly recommend if you are less than smart like me and enjoy running at all the wrong times to get this shirt and at least you will have some good gear to make the bad times feel like they are great.

No comments:

Post a Comment