Monday, October 7, 2013

How do you milk a coconut?

 I normally drink almond milk because my god friend Dr. Mark told me about how milk from a cow can easily carry bacteria and bad stuff that can give you 24 hour colds and other sick stuff.  Also almond milk has less calories and more good protein.  That sounded good to me so I made the switch.  Then I have been reading about how putting more coconut stuff in your diet is good as well like cooking with coconut oil instead of vegetable or olive oil.  I haven't made the switch from olive oil to coconut oil but I will give it a try someday.  I did notice in the paper one day that there was this coconut milk and wanted to give it a try just they don't cary it at WalMart yet.
The other day I was at Kroger instead of my normal WalMart or Aldi because I had a craving for pineapple sherbet (don't judge me!) and I had to get some fast so I went to the closest store.  While I was there I wanted to pick up any other random supplies I needed and came across this coconut milk at the store so I splurged and bought a half gallon.  This stuff is OK tasting, definitely better than coconut water but not as good as almond milk.  I drank it more as a change up of water more than drinking it as my breakfast fluid and protein.  The results are that this stuff is a good coconut water replacement (don't ask me if it has the same health benefits) but I still like my almond milk better as an alternative to cow udder milk.  Send me a note and let me know if either you have tried it or if you like it better than almond milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment