Wednesday, October 8, 2014

one small stumble

 So a couple of weeks ago I came down with a pretty mean sinus cold or so I thought was a sinus cold which turned into worser stuff.  Once I was going to miss my third day off of work I knew that I had to see a doctor.  I go into the random doctor place and they listen to me and tell me I could have two things.  One could be bronchitis and the other is possibly pneumonia.  So they do a chest x-ray which rules out pneumonia and while we are waiting on the blood work to see if it is bronchitis they want to hook me up to the EKG machine to see what my heart is doing since my recent stint I had placed in the old ticker.
Once they hook me up to the EKG machine they come in and have to double check all the connections because they tell me that half of the sensors are elevated.  Then after replacing the sensors the machine is still reading elevated and that is when the good doctor comes in and gives me some nitro to put under my tongue and tells me he has to send me off to the Heart Hospital and once I am there it is under the knife I go so the doctors can have a look for any new blockages and stuff. 

Once the doctors don't find anything it is back to square one on why my EKG reads elevated but I don't have any blockages.  Then after several more doctors, nurses, and random people trying to figure out the issue it comes down to pericarditis.  Which in my non medical terminology is an inflammation of the tissue around your heart.  The moment the hospital gave me the pill to ease the pericarditis I was instantly feeling better.

The entire experience was a bit depressing for me, I was going to have to take it easy for three weeks, answer a million questions of if I am OK, wait three days for the silly puddy filled hole in my leg to heal, and other stuff.  Then the biggest thing hit me about the entire ordeal was what the doctors said to me.  They let me know that going in this second time and looking around that my heart was 100% good and if I ever have chest pains or stuff like that again then they are quite certain that it isn't the heart but maybe my gallbladder or heart burn related and they wont drill another hole in my leg for a very long time.  It's funny how something so depressing (having more heart issues) and dreadful to go through for a second time can have such a positive result on myself and all the medical professionals around me.  Plus my co-workers gave me the funniest balloon in the hospital that disturbed all the doctors.  The balloon said "its a girl" like I just had a baby and they were completely lost, and they gave me a my little pony unicorn because of my obsession with unicorn comedy.  Like my favorite thing to say when something amazing happens to me which is " its like French kissing a unicorn," so funny or Charlie the unicorn on youtube or the unicorn episode on robot chicken.  Unicorn humor is so funny.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry you went through this but I'm so so happy they were able to find out what was wrong and are healing you right up. Love the unicorn and balloon!!

    ReplyDelete